Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Saturday 18 April 2015

AUTHOR EVENTS - David Morrell



I picked up my first David Morrell book quite by happenstance.  I was browsing through the shelves of a bookstore that deals in "previously loved" books and saw the title "Creepers".  How could I not pick it up with a title like that?  I've been a David Morrell fan ever since.

Reading the author's notes at the end of the book I was tickled to discover he had gone to school in my part of Southern Ontario.


Recently he came back to his Alma Mater to speak and host a book signing.  Naturally, I grabbed tickets and attended.  I don't get to nearly as many book readings and signings as I would like.  Mr. Morrell is a wonderful speaker and had the UofW audience enthralled with his stories, especially those to do with the conception and naming of Rambo (of Sylvester Stallone movie fame).  I was also quite saddened by the personal tragedies his family had suffered.

It was a very pleasant evening!



No comments:

Post a Comment