Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Sunday 1 November 2015

NaBloPoMo ... Huh?


I've decided I'm going to give this a shot.

I’ve always liked the idea of NaNoWriMo, but much to the chagrin of the wanna-be-author dwelling inside me somewhere I freely admit that I do not have the discipline, the creativity/imagination or the talent to sit down and write a book short story grocery list.

But this!  This I can do!

While scrolling through the dashboard on Booklikes recently a post by a fellow book blogger, Grey Warden explaining about NaBloPoMo - National Blog Posting Month - caught my attention.


I think the idea was started by (or at least it’s being organized by Melissa Ford).   If you click her link and check out her BlogHer blog you can sign up for the official NaBloPoMo blogroll, grab the badge for your blog sidebar or to include in your posts and find all kinds of other goodies (writing prompts, tips for surviving NaBloPoMo, etc.) to help you accomplish the goal of writing one blog post every day in the month of November.  There’s even prizes to be had.

This sounds like fun, so I’m just spreading the word.  But don’t dilly-dally too long in making a decision – the last day to submit your blog to the blogroll is November 5th.  There’s a list of links to all the blogs participating and I think it’s also a great way to check out other blogs and network your own … all that aside from the fact that it will keep you me blogging everyday.

I know I blog books but, from what I have checked out, there are blogs of every description listed.  If you blog you can participate!
 
I probably shouldn't even mention this because I have not verified it officially but I’m pretty sure if you slip up and miss a day the “Blog Police” is NOT going to be showing up at your door.  (YEAH! It’s a real thing!) This is all in good fun.  So if you are like me and can’t take on the NaNoWriMo challenge, try this one.

I’m going to consider this one my first blog for November and … I’m off!


Blog Post 1/30

No comments:

Post a Comment