Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Monday 21 December 2015

Sunday Christmas Baking - Round DONE!

All that's left now is to make the cake for dessert at Christmas dinner.  I'm always the "dessert bringer".  Secretly, I think it's because it is so much easier to bring veggies, a salad, or a side dish than dessert.  You see, I'm still trying to figure out how this works?  When one of my daughters is hosting the holiday dinner the "host" does the turkey and the rest becomes pot-luck. When it's my turn to host I get to prepare everything and they show up with empty tupperware for leftovers.  (Oh yes, I imposed that rule a long time ago ... you want to take leftovers home?  Bring your own containers 'cause I've had to replenish my supply too often).

So this Sunday the task was Cinnamon Palmiers, Pistachio Pinwheels, Monkey Bars (nothing to do with Christmas but they were a special request) and my Chocolate Baklava.  I found the Baklava recipe quite some time ago and it has definitely become a family fave at Christmas and Easter.



I managed to package everything all up (sorry for the blurry pic ... I really need to remember to put my glasses on when use the camera).  I couldn't resist - I had to put "Naughty" and "Nice" stickers on the containers.






All that's left now is the delivering ...



The munching ...



And, hopefully - no cookie regrets or hangovers!




No comments:

Post a Comment